Leadership Fort Bend is a comprehensive leadership development program designed to identify resources and educate individuals to assume leadership roles within the community
Because the quality of a community depends on the capacity of its leaders, graduates emerge as potential community leaders and individuals who seek to contribute their particular skills, knowledge and expertise to the betterment of Fort Bend County
Leadership Fort Bend is a program of the Central Fort Bend Chamber and was founded in 1986 to cultivate future leaders for Fort Bend County. Program participants are chosen from business and community members that wish to take an active role in the future of Fort Bend County. A maximum of 40 participants will be selected from a cross-section of the community.
- $2750 for Chamber Members
- $3500 for Prospective Chamber Members
- Upon submission of your application, you or your company will be invoiced for the full amount of the tuition. Prior to July 31, tuition is refundable, less $500. No part of the tuition is refundable after August 1, 2023. Tuition is due in full by August 1, 2023. (Check or Credit Card are accepted).
Tuition must be paid in full by August 1, 2023.
Participants in the program are required to conduct themselves professionally at all times. It is understood that adherence to the program conduct is required and any violation is subject to removal from the program. Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all program participants, Chamber Staff, Chamber Volunteers and Community Members with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age or sexual orientation. Do not engage in activities that endanger the life, safety, health or well-being of yourself, program participants, Chamber Staff, Chamber Volunteers or Community Members associated with Leadership Fort Bend while on any of the local sessions or overnight retreats. Refrain from any act of verbal, physical or sexual harassment toward program participants, Chamber Staff, Chamber Volunteers or Community Members associated with Leadership Fort Bend
Leadership Fort Bend is a nine-month program consisting of six (6) local sessions (8 hours each) and three (3) overnight retreats. Regular attendance and adherence to the attendance policy is required of all attendees. Graduation from the program requires the following:
- Attendance at all three (3) overnight retreats including: Opening Retreat, State Government Session and Closing Retreat. Missing any of these session (or a portion of) will result in dismissal from the program.
- Attendance at all local sessions.
- Attendees are allowed up to two (2) absences to local sessions only. Missing more than one-third (1/3) of any one-day session will constitute a full day absence. It is the participants responsibility to alert the Chamber staff and program chairs of any possible absences.
- Participants are expected to arrive on-time for all sessions. Facilitators and Program Liaisons will depart at the time listed on the agenda. Participants arriving late are expected to meet up with the group at the first destination for the day.
- Any exceptions to the attendance policy must be made in writing and submitted to the Chamber Staff Liaison
2023-2024 Leadership Fort Bend Session Schedule:
- Thursday, August 17, 2023: Welcome Reception
- Wednesday, August 23 - Thursday, August 24, 2023: Opening Retreat at Camp Allen*
- Wednesday October 4, 2023: History Session
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023: Education Session
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023: City & County Government Session
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024: Judicial Session
- Wednesday, February 7, 2024: Infrastructure Session
- Wednesday, March 6 - Thursday, March 7, 2024: State Government Session in Austin, TX
- Wednesday, April 3, 2024: Health & Human Services Session
- Thursday, May 2 - Friday, May 3, 2024: Closing Retreat in Galveston, TX
The Tuition Assistance Program is a program established by the Central Fort Bend Chamber and the CFBC Leadership Alumni to promote participation in the Leadership Fort Bend Program. The program is intended to provide financial assistance CFBC members who wish to learn about the infrastructures, resources, services and leadership opportunities available to them in Fort Bend County but who may not be able to afford the full tuition of the Leadership Fort Bend Program. This is only a partial scholarship - recipients will receive $1,500 towards their Leadership Fort Bend tuition and will then have to pay the rest of the tuition fees.
In order to be eligible for tuition assistance, applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Small business owner/employee (business with 5 employees or less)
- Elected official
- Government (City, County, State, Federal employee)
In addition, potential candidate applications will be weighted based upon the following criteria:
- Central Fort Bend Chamber Member in good standing
- Fort Bend County Business/ Resident
- Length of Tenure in Position (if Self-Employed tenure being self-employed)
- Community Involvement
- Application submitted by the required deadline